Building on the original groundbreaking developments in Western Australia, Inclusive Neighbourhoods led the original development of Local Area Coordination in England and Wales as an approach to supporting individuals, families and communities to build their resilience, nurture and share their gifts and skills and build and pursue their vision for a good life.
Inclusive Neighbourhoods is now supporting new conversations and developments on the Isle of Man, Singapore, Australian states and other areas, as well as continuing to support the great work of Community Catalysts CIC and the Local Area Coordination Network in England and Wales.
We are pleased to announce that the new book on Local Area Coordination ‘Power and connection: the international development of Local Area Coordination, by Eddie Bartnik and Ralph Broad, will be published in July/August 2021.
Starting at the Start
Building on Learning
Values and Principles
A “human” approach
Strong, contributing leadership
Inclusion and contribution
It’s about active, valued, contributing citizenship for all.
Local Area Coordination is now growing across England and Wales
Inclusive Neighbourhoods established and hosted the Local Area Coordination Network as a way of building connections, supportive relationships and shared learning and improvement across England and Wales – a community of reflection, practice and learning.
It’s very exciting that Community Catalysts CIC is now hosting and leading Local Area Coordination developments in England and Wales! To find out more about Local Area Coordination in England and Wales, go to http://lacnetwork.org/
For developments elsewhere, watch this space!
How we work
The Local Area Coordination Vision:
‘All people live in welcoming communities that provide friendship, mutual support, equity and opportunities for everyone’.
The Local Area Coordination Charter
‘To develop partnerships with individuals and families/carers as they build and pursue their goals and dreams for a good life and with local communities to strengthen their capacity to welcome, include people and support all people as valued, contributing citizens.’
Local Area Coordination
In keeping with the values of Local Area Coordination, Inclusive Neighbourhoods Ltd works in partnership with local people, communities and service partners to:
Build knowledge and capacity to design, develop, implement and grow Local Area Coordination to build positive outcomes at the individual, family, community and systems levels.
- Build and share information, learning, connections and partnerships.
- Value the skills, experience and contribution of individuals, families, communities within their communities and in the development and delivery of Local Area Coordination.
- Support Leaders in positive, inclusive change to build more local, inclusive, flexible, strength based services.
- Support the learning and evaluation of Local Area Coordination in partnership with universities, service partners, local people and communities – building on the learning.
- Build supportive connections with/between national and international Local Area Coordination sites.
Inclusive Neighbourhoods is underpinned by the belief that every person has the right to build and pursue their vision for a good life and that communities are stronger, more welcoming and more self sufficient where all people have the opportunity for to share strengths and expertise and contribute to local community life.
Inclusive Neighbourhoods works alongside partners in a range of strength based approaches and projects:
- COMING SOON!! The new international book ‘Power and connection: the international development of Local Area Coordination’. Due out in late July 2021.
- New in 2021! It is great to be alongside Manx Care supporting the development of Local Area Coordination on the Isle of Man as part of their inspiring and groundbreaking transformation work.
- Supporting Yishun Health in Singapore to recruit their first Local Area Coordinators alongside local people and now preparing for induction!
- Also supporting conversations and workshops alongside community service partners in Yishun Health to build Local Area Coordination values, purposeful conversations and strength based practice and resilience building into everyday practice in other roles.
- Ongoing support alongside the Local Area Coordination Network in England and Wales.
- Working with NDIS partner organisations in Australia around Local Area Coordination, training and support.
- Training and development – Person Centred Active Support