In May 2018, Inclusive Neighbourhoods, in partnership with Thurrock Council and the Local Area Coordination Network CIC (England and Wales) hosted an international Leadership Exchange in Thurrock as part of the International Initiative for Disability Leadership (IIDL) 2018 Leadership Exchange.
Over the two days, we were privileged to be joined by leadership colleagues from Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK, as well as local people in Thurrock who had experienced Local Area Coordination support within their communities.
- The history of Local Area Coordination
- What it is/is not
- Key factors driving outcomes
- International and national experiences and learning
- Local Area Coordination contribution to whole systems change and reform
- Future opportunities to work together and share learning in the future – an international Learning Network
We subsequently shared our learning at the IIDL conference in Stockholm – a great opportunity to build relationships, share the Local Area Coordination journey and learn about other complementary strength based, citizen led approaches.